| Lead Facilities Maintenance Tech - The Westin Seattle (18001LXK) -
The Westin Seattle
Here’s To Your Journey with Westin
At Westin, we are committed to empowering the well-being of our guests by providing a refreshing environment, thoughtful amenities, and revitalizing programming to help ensure that they leave feeling better than when they arrived. We recognize that travel can be disruptive to our guests’ well-being, and we’re energized to assist as partners in helping them maintain control and soaring above it all while on the road. Everything we do is designed to help guests be at their best, and they appreciate our supportive attitude, anticipatory service and extensive knowledge on how to best assist them throughout their stay. We are looking for dynamic people who are excited to join the team and ready to jump into any situation to give a helping hand. If you’re someone who has is positive, adaptable and intuitive, and has a genuine interest in the well-being of others around you, we invite you to discover how at Westin, together we can rise.
The The Westin Seattle located at 1900 5th Ave, Seattle, WA, 98101 is currently hiring a Lead Facilities Maintenance Tech.
Lead Facilities Maintenance Tech
Install, maintain, perform preventative maintenance on, and recommend replacement of tools, appliances, and equipment. Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, etc. Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves. Order, mark, and stock parts and supplies as needed. Maintain inventory and purchase orders log. Inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Operate power lift. Assist management in motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model.
Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
Policies and Procedures
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
· Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
· Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
· Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
· Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
· Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
· Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
· Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
· Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
· Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
· Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
Working with Others
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
· Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
· Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
· Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
· Recommend replacement of defective/outdated appliances, electronics, and equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
· Install and maintain appliances, electronics, and equipment.
· Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
· Prioritize non-guest repair requests.
Maintain Building and Property
· Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
· Maintain proper maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.
· Operate power lift in accordance with JSA to perform elevated maintenance.
· Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
· Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other equipment as required.
· Assist in training mechanical level and other departmental hires on equipment, policies, and procedures.
Maintain Records or Logs
· Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
Coordinate with Others
· Coordinate with other departments using telecommunications devices in order to respond to requests and resolve maintenance issues.
· Assist local authorities with emergency and natural disaster situations (e.g., flood, blackout, fire alarm) according to disaster response protocol.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional. Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 75 pounds without assistance. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces, and/or ladders. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
To apply now, go to: https://jobs.marriott.com/marriott/jobs/18001LXK?%3Flang=en-us
Marriott International is consistently recognized as an employer of choice globally by FORTUNE magazine, DiversityInc and Great Places to Work Institute, among others. Visit www.marriott.com/careers
to learn more about our workplace culture and career opportunities.
Chat, engage and follow us on social media.
@lifeatmarriott on Snapchat
So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
| Sales Professionals/Sales Leaders -
USHEALTH Advisors West Texas
Need motivated, disciplined workers who believe they CAN be successful.
Your commitment and perseverance determine your income potential.
Full time ONLY positions available in Lubbock, TX.
Must pass background check and have/acquire a Texas health/life insurance license.
Email WestTexas.Division@USHAdvisors.com for interview times available!